This original design celebrates the FIRST State - Delaware!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Every single Delaware State Park contains an 18-hole disc golf course.
* The State has only three counties: New Castle; Kent; Sussex.
* Delaware shares a semi-circular border with Pennsylvania. The border was drawn at the time of the original land grants to William Penn from King Charles II and the Duke of York.
* Delaware is the only state without any National Park System units such as national parks, seashores, historic sites, battlefields, memorials, and monuments.
* Delaware was named for Lord de la Warr. He was the first governor of Virginia.
* The frying pan built in 1950 for use at the Delmarva Chicken Festival is 10 feet in diameter and holds 180 gallons of oil.
* Delaware was the first state to ratify the federal Constitution -- December 7, 1787, becoming the first state in the Union. Due to this, according to "Delaware Facts" (from the State of Delaware Web page), Delaware is given the first position in such national events as presidential inaugurations. The delegates met at the Golden Fleece Inn on the Green in Dover.
* According to a survey by the National Science Foundation, Delaware has more doctoral-level (Ph.D.) scientists and engineers, as a percentage of the population, than any other state.
* E.R. Johnson was born in Wilmington and grew up in Dover. Johnson was the inventor of the phonograph and founder of the Victor Talking Machine Company, today known as RCA.
* Delaware is one of only five states which have no sales tax.