The Constitution State! This original design celebrates the State of Connecticut in amazing detail.
The design is amazingly rendered with vibrant colors plus silver and gold on a high quality 15-ounce frosted tumbler. Cheers and bottoms up!
*Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
*Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The Constitution State: in 1639 the world's first written constitution, the Fundamental Orders, was created by settlers of the Connecticut Colony.
* The oldest U.S. newspaper still published to this day is 'The Hartford Courant' (est.1764).
* The father of the American Dictionary: Noah Webster was born in Connecticut. He made it his mission to create an American reference book of words (learning 26 languages along the way). His magnum opus was published by George and Charles Merriam (hence the name Merriam-Webster).
* The state's name comes from the Mohegan word "quinnehtukqut," which means "long river place."
* The 1st telepone book was published in 1878 in New Haven, it contained fifty names.
* The first automobile law was passed by the state of CT in 1901. The speed limit was set at 12 miles per hour.
* The lollipop was invented in New Haven in 1908 (George Smith named the treat after a popular racehorse).
* Mary Kies, a Connecticut woman, was the first woman to receive a U.S. patent (1809).
* Connecticut is home to the first hamburger (1895), Polaroid camera (1934), helicopter (1939), and color television (1948).