From the top of Emory Peak to the banks of the Rio Grande, this original design captures the beauty of Big Bend National Park!
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The land of the park covers eight hundred thousand acres and is bigger than Rhode Island.
* The park is open 24 hours daily, all year.
* Big Bend lies within the Chihuahuan desert (most of which lies at 1000-4000 feet elevation).
* Big Bend National Park was created during FDR's administration.
* Prior to the area's introduction as a national park, many mercury mines dotted the land. The Mariscal mine, an abandoned mine within the park, is open to visitors.
* Big Bend is home to the Lechuguilla agave plant which grows only in the Chihuahuan Desert.
* There are more species of brids in Big Bend than in any other national park in the USA: 450 different species.