The Live Music Capital of the World... This original design celebrates the City of Austin, Texas.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The Austin, Texas state capitol building is the largest state capitol building in the U.S. (7 feet higher than the D.C. capitol bldg.).
* 70% of the city's $600 million dollar budget is spent on police, fire and emergency services. There is no personal (or corporate) income tax - state or local.
* Austin has an annual fundraiser in the guise of a birthday party for Eeyore (A.A.Milne character).
* With more than 100 live music venues in the city and hosting the City Limits Music Festival featuring 130 bands Austin is known as the live music capital of the world.
* Austin, in landmass, is almost as large as New York City, occupying about 280 square miles.
* Austin has a barber that broke the record for fastest haircut ever given; it only took him 55 seconds to perform a full cut.
* Austin was home to the oldest cat: 38 years (named Creme Puff).
* Beneath the Congress Avenue Bridge is a bat haven (home to 1.5 million Mexican free-tail bats. Between March and October the bats emerge from the bridge at sunset to hunt for food. The bats' flight is a major tourist attraction in the city and is even visible on weather radar.