This original design celebrates the City of Atlanta and it's in the shape of a Peach! Do you see the big peach?
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* There are more than 65 streets named "Peachtree" in Atlanta.
* There is a bike trail that leads from Smyrna (through Atlanta) all the way to Alabama.
* The Westin Peachtree Plaza is arguably the tallest hotel in the western hemisphere.
* With a passenger terminal complex equivalent to more than 45 football fields, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world's busiest passenger airport.
* The name for Six Flags Over Georgia was inspired by six different flags that have flown over the state during its history, including Spain, France, Great Britain, the United States of America, the Confederate States of America and the state of Georgia.
* Atlanta's "The Varsity" is the world's largest drive-in fast food place. Its original location can accomodae 600 cars and 800+ people inside. It also dispenses nearly 3 million servings of Coca-Cola annually.
* Atlanta is the headquarters of 'The Weather Channel.'
* The dome on the capitol building in Atlanta is layered in 43 ounces of gold that was mined in Dahlonega, GA, the site of America's first gold rush.
* The city's symbol of the Phoenix comes from Atlanta's growth and strength following destruction by fire. It is the only city in North America to be destroyed by a fire as an act of war. It was in 1864 when General Sherman gave the orders to burn the city.
* Atlanta is home to the MLK Jr. national historic site, the world's largest museum solely dedicated to a civil rights leader.