This original design celebrates The Last Frontier - the State of Alaska.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Alaska is the largest state in the nation... it is twice the size of Texas.
* Alaska has nearly 3.5 million lakes.
* Unlike other states Alaska is not sectioned into counties but Burroughs.
* The lowest temp. ever recorded in the US was at Prospect Creek, Alaska on 01-23- 1971. The temperature was -80*F (-62*C).
* Alaska is the most Northern and Western State.
* Anchorage, AL is farther west than remote Tahiti.
* Viewers from FairBanks can see the Aurora Borealis (the northern lights) on average 243 days each year.
* Alaska is the only state with coastline on two different seas: the Arctic Ocean; the Pacific Ocean.
* The tallest point in North America Mt. McKinley is 20,320ft.
* The northern third of Alask is covered with permafrost (ground that stays frozen for two years or longer).
* Alaska has the highest concentration of bears. There is approx. 1 bear for every 21 people.