From the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean... this original design celebrates the beauty & history of the State of Virginia.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Virginia is the birthplace to more presidents than any other state. Eight US Presidents to be exact: Washington; Jefferson; Madison; Monroe; Harrison; Tyler; Taylor; Wilson.
* Virginia is the only state to have the same plant for state flower and state tree: the flowering dogwood.
* The Pentagon building in Arlington, VA, is one of the largest office buildings in the world- it covers over 5 million square feet.
* Virginia has a state park named for a Natural Tunnel. This limestone ridge's tunnel was naturally formed and is 850' long. William Jennings Bryan called it the "8th Wonder of the World."
* St. John's Church, in Richmond, was the location of the second Virginia Convention where Patrick Henry famously delivered the "Give me liberty or give me death" speech (1775).
* Williamsburg's College of William and Mary is where the first law school of America became established, in 1779.
* In 1969 a copywriter working for an ad agency promoting Virginia Tourism created the slogan "Virginia is for Lovers." The slogan appeared in 'Modern Bride' magazine in the same year.
* Bristol is a town run by two different states: Tennessee and Virginia. It is also known as the birthplace of Country Music.
* The first commercial peanut crop in America was grown in 1842 in Waverly, Virginia. There is a museum devoted to the Virginia peanut: "The First Peanut Museum."
* Virginia is refered to as 'the internet capital of the world' due in part to the 1800+ high-tech companies in the state and 53% of the East Coast internet traffic running through the state. The Virginia state DMV offers a license plate with the "Internet C@pital" phrase along the bottom border.
* Virginia's Luray Caverns contain a vast array of stalagmites which are attached to an organ consol creating one of the largest instruments in the world: the Great Stalcpipe Organ. The musical group Pepe Deluxe refurbished the system in 2011 and used the instrument in their album "Queen of the Wave."
* Virginia's borders have shifted drastically over the years since its inception as one of the thirteen colonies. Nine of Virginia's counties became the state of Kentucky in 1792. Then in 1863 western counties became the state of West Virginia.
* The Arlington National Cemetery was originally built as a 19th century family estate by President Washington's adopted grandson. The estate was established as a military cemetery in 1864.
* Jamestown was the first English settlement on the U.S. and the first capital of Virginia.