This original design celebrates the State of New York - from Niagara Falls to the Adirondacks down the beautiful Hudson Valley to Woodstock and over to the Finger Lakes.
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
*Hand Embroidered and Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* The oldest cattle ranch in the country is in Montauk, NY (Deep Hollow Ranch in Montauk was established in 1658).
* Legend says that the term Uncle Sam came from Sam Wilson of New York. His caricature came to personify the US.
* Adirondack Park is the largest publicly protected area in the contiguous United States, greater in size than Glacier, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and the Everglades.
* European settlers brought the first apples to the country in the 1600s.
* The Dentzel menagerie carousel in Rochester is the only antique carousel in the nation to never have been moved from its original location. It was the first model of its kind, built in 1905.
* New York has more ski resorts in its state than any other state in the nation: 50 resorts in total.
* Pearl B. Wait of LeRoy, NY created what is now known as Jell-O in 1897.
* Susan B. Anthony was the first American woman to vote in a presidential election. She did so in Rochester, NY in 1872, and was arrested for breaking the law.
* The Genesee River flows south to north.
* America's first passenger railroad ran between Albany and Schenectady (in the 1820s).
* Albany, NY, is the oldest continuous settlement of the 13 English colonies (c.1614).
* The home of "Wizard of Oz" author L. Frank Baum is in Chittenango, NY. It features a yellow brick inlaid sidewalk and is the location of an annual Munchkins parade.