The Heart of Dixie! This original design celebrates the State of Alabama.
The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel / hand towel / guest towel / bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!
*Packaged in organdy pouch
*Machine wash cold and line dry
*Measures 20" x 29"
*Made in India
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
* Mobile Bay (on the coast) claims to be the birthplace of Mardi Gras in the USA.
* There is a Coon Dog cemetery in NW Alabama between Red Bay and Tuscumbia.
* Huntsville, AL, is known as the rocket capital of the world. Alabama workers built the first rocket for humans to travel to the moon.
* The world's largest cast iron statue, The Vulcan, is in Birmingham, AL. The statue is 56ft tall and weighs 120,000 pounds.
* In Magnolia Springs, Alabama, the community is served by mail boats on an all-water mail route.
* In 1955 when Mrs. Rosa Parks refused to stand on a bus in Montgomery, was arrested and appealed her conviction, she was the first to formally challenge the legality of segregation. This was a landmark action in the American Civil Rights movement. Mrs. Parks is known as the mother of the freedom movement.
* Alabama's 'Racking Horse' is the only horse in the world with a unique 'single-foot' gait. The horse is known for its beauty, stamina, and calm disposition.
* Enterprise, AL, is famous for its Boll Weevil Monument. It is the world's only insect pest monument.